You’re not alone. One of the main reasons Invisalign is so popular is that having straight teeth is likely to contribute to higher levels of self-confidence. You just feel better about your overall appearance.
According to a 2016 survey by Invisalign, 92% of adults who have straightened their teeth cite that having straight teeth was important to their confidence
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a custom-made aligner that is interchanged usually every two weeks for a period of six to eighteen months, or longer depending on the severity of misalignment. Similar to a mouth or dental retainer (which is designed to keep teeth from shifting out of place), an Invisalign® aligner is used for orthodontic treatment as a technique to move and properly align teeth for a beautiful smile. This clear aligner is usually computer generated from a mold (or impression) of the patient’s teeth—taken by your dentist—and the fitting is unique to each patient only.
What do I need to know?
- Treatment time: up to 12 months
- First visit: We will take pictures and impressions of your teeth
- Follow-Up visits: Every 6-10 weeks
- Range of fees: $2900-$4900 (Insurance and FSA accepted)
- Discomfort Level: Virtually no discomfort.
- “I hardly even know the trays are in and if you want to lose weight they are great for that because the trays make it difficult to mindlessly snack.” Patient Linda P.
- Home Maintenance: Change your trays every 2 weeks
How Invisalign® treatment works
Source: With Invisalign® clear aligners, your treatment is tailored to you. Innovative technology combines with a personalized treatment plan to make custom clear aligners for creating your new smile.
To find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, take their smile assessment here. If you want to know more? Give us a call to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Page.